ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
The ultimate design, modeling and collaboration solution
ER/Studio is the fastest, easiest and most collaborative way for data modeling professionals to build and maintain enterprise-scale databases and data warehouses. ER/Studio sets a new standard for data management. ER/Studio empowers data management professionals to easily share, document, and publish models and metadata to distributed teams.
-Document and enhance data and metadata from multiple database platforms
THE ULTIMATE COLLABORATIVE ENTERPRISE DATA ARCHITECTURE AND MODELING SOLUTION
With many organizations seeing a significant increase in data, along with more emphasis on compliance to industry and government regulations, it’s clear that having a solid strategy for data management is extremely important. ER/Studio Enterprise Team edition provides a comprehensive solution that empowers users to easily define models and metadata, establish a foundation for data governance initiatives, and define an enterprise architecture to effectively manage data across the whole organization.
Physically capturing and properly integrating data is challenging, especially for unstructured content. Incorporating the new data, interpreting it correctly, and making it available to decision makers in a timely manner poses three distinct challenges for data management professionals:
• Leveraging enterprise data as an organizational asset
• Improving and managing data quality
• Clearly and effectively communicating data throughout an organization
To address these issues, ER/Studio Enterprise Team edition gives data modelers and data architects the capabilities needed to analyze, document, and share essential models and metadata across the organization, including glossaries, definitions and custom attributes. Data professionals can establish an enterprise glossary to consolidate the business terms and metadata for all data models, and business users can contribute to the glossary contents to compile an authoritative reference. Master data and transactional concepts with multiple entities and relationships, such as products, customers, and vendors, can be represented with Business Data Objects, for better alignment to the business.
Now business and technical users – in any size of organization – can be confident that high value and complex decisions are based on a common understanding of the corporate metadata. They can rest assured that interpretations of data from myriad sources, including ETL platforms, big data and relational data, will be consistent across a large enterprise. ER/Studio Enterprise Team edition allows data management professionals to document, interpret, and fully take control of their enterprise data environment.
When an organization can interpret data accurately, and share and re-use data faster, the quality of business decision-making improves. Understanding sources, targets, and transformations of enterprise data is a fundamental requirement for any organization to achieve viable data quality. ER/Studio gives data management professionals the metadata foundation to quickly respond to business process demands, reduce the risk of noncompliance, and deliver more actionable insight.
Many organizations must deal with both relational and NoSQL data, as well as a broad landscape of platforms. ER/Studio Enterprise Team edition continues to build on its support of strategic enterprise systems including Teradata, Netezza, and Azure, as well as Big Data platform support for Hadoop Hive and MongoDB, giving organizations an interpretive and collaborative enterprise advantage for leveraging their data residing in diverse locations, from data centers to mobile platforms.
ER/Studio Enterprise Team edition provides the fastest, easiest, and most collaborative way for data management professionals to build and maintain enterprise-scale data models and metadata repositories. Built-in facilities automate routine modeling tasks to provide visibility into existing data assets while reducing re-creation and redundancy. Naming standards templates can be applied to models to provide clarity and ensure consistency. Empowered with easy-to-use features for communicating and collaborating on essential data and definitions, ER/Studio users find it simpler and faster to successfully manage their data and use it for making high-value decisions.
ER/Studio 17.0 delivers significant new business process modeling capabilities (Business Architect) , as well as platform enhancements, quality and performance improvements. The 17.0 release is our highest quality and best performing release of Team Server in more than two years, combining new updates with improvements from earlier releases into a new ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition package that will address many customer requests.
What’s New in ER/Studio 17.0
ER/Studio 17.0 delivers significant, expanded process modeling capabilities in Business Architect, numerous performance improvements, as well as enhancements and quality improvements to other components within the product suite.
Business and Enterprise Architecture
The new release of ER/Studio Business Architect provides process modeling capabilities that exceed the BPMN 2.0 standard, while also providing a common frame of reference to bridge communication gaps, streamline operations, and align business processes with strategic goals. This is extremely important because:
- Organizations have multiple stakeholders groups with differing perspectives of both data and processes. If an organization doesn’t use a consistent approach comprised of data modeling and integrated process modeling (providing organizational context to data creation and consumption), they will be left vulnerable to poor analysis, bad decisions, misalignment and huge missteps. Using ER/Studio:
1. An organization can reduce risk
2. Focus on strategic outcomes
3. Provide a common framework and understanding of business processes and the critical data utilized across processes.
- BPMN 2.0 enables businesses to communicate about business processes in a clear and consistent manner. Even the most complex processes can be decomposed, modeled and understood using comprehensive capabilities and constructs for choreography, conversation, and collaboration business processes. Validation against the BPMN 2.0 standard ensures that process models meet all the requirements for those organizations that need it, and can be turned off for those that do not require rigorous adherence to the standard.
Data Platform Support
- Improvements have been made to datatype resolution when reverse engineering from Hadoop Hive
- Numerous enhancements and additions to the MetaWizard platform import bridges included with ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition:
1. 9 new NoSQL import bridges from several Hive and JSON based platforms
2. 5 new relational import bridges
User Experience and Trials
Team Server performance improvements in several areas through minor improvements and updates to 45 database views:
- Resulting in greater than 300 times performance improvement of the update search index process in some large customer environments (reduced from 9 days to 40 minutes in 1 large customer environment)
- Over 22 times performance improvement of model check-in and publish cycle (all models) in some environments
- Improved icons (task markers) throughout Business Architect
Data Modeling & Lineage
- There are 3 new Data Lineage import bridges for ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
- Improvements to resolution of logical non-specific relationships during physical model generation
- Over 60 improvements in several areas within Data Architect
Collaboration & Governance
- Publishing of all new BPMN 2.0 diagram constructs and metadata from Business Architect to Team Server
- Over 70 improvements in Team Server, primarily in model check-in, publishing and change management functionality
There were several foundational technology improvements as well:
- Business Architect upgraded to eclipse 4.5
- Team Server upgraded frameworks to Apache Struts 2.5.10 and Tomcat application server 8.5.14
ER/Studio Business Architect Process models can now be built and validated with all BPMN 2.0 constructs. At times other products in the market claim to be BPMN 2.0 compliant but do not implement the full set of constructs with validation that conforms to the BPMN 2.0 standard. The fact that we offer Business Architect as a standalone product, as well as an integral part of ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition gives our customers maximum flexibility. We offer an easy-to-use solution that shares models, common objects, and glossaries across the organization, which improves productivity and organizational alignment.
Through ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition, we provide a comprehensive, collaborative platform that encompasses Data Modeling, Business Process Modeling, and Enterprise Architecture to establish a foundation for Data Governance initiatives. In particular, this builds on our strong history in which we have provided integrated data and process modeling within the ER/Studio suite for over 10 years. Other solutions in the marketplace claim to do the same, but are comprised of separate, non-integrated products. In particular, erwin has been making numerous claims regarding their leadership in enterprise architecture despite the fact that the process modeling products they acquired through corporate acquisitions (Corso and Casewise) are not integrated to the core erwin data modeler products. Thus, creating silos rather than breaking them down.
ER/Studio Data Architect includes all the features you need to create and manage logical and physical data models, including detailed compare and merge capability, naming standards, data dictionaries, and extensive platform support.
ER/Studio Business Architect also includes the shared model repository for model change management and version control with branch and merge support.
ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition is the edition if you’re looking for the next level of collaboration with business glossaries and metadata.
Note: Team Server now shares an installer with Repository. Use of the Team Server functions requires a Team Server Core license with an ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition license. Team Server should not be installed on the same system with the client tools.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
Minimum: 4 CPUs, 6GB RAM; recommended: 8 CPUs, 8GB RAM
Database disk space: 5 GB + additional DB growth if included
Application disk space: 100MB per Team Server/Repository diagram for data storage
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2 (64-bit)
The following web browsers are tested to work with ER/Studio Team Server. Other browsers may work, but are not officially supported.
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or later)
Microsoft SQL Server 2008–2016
Oracle 11g, 12c
IBM DB2 for LUW 10.x
DB2 (LUW and z/OS)
Azure SQL Database
SQL Server in Azure VMs
Firebird® 1.5, 2.x
Hadoop Hive 0.12, 0.13
IBM® DB2® for z/OS 5.x - 11.x
IBM DB2 for LUW 5.x - 10.x
IBM DB2 for iSeries V4R5 and V5R2
IBM Informix® OnLine and SE
Informix 9.x dynamic server
InterBase® 4, 2007, 2009
InterBase XE, XE3
Microsoft® Access 2.0, 95, 97, 2000
Microsoft Azure SQL Database
Microsoft SQL Server 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
Microsoft SQL Server on Azure
Microsoft Visual FoxPro® 2, 3, 5
MongoDB 2.4, 2.6, 3.0
MySQL® 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
Netezza 4.6, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0
Oracle® 7.3, 8.x, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
PostgreSQL 8.x, 9.x
Sybase® Adaptive Server® Enterprise (ASE) 11.9.2, 12.x, 12.5, 15.0
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA) 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Sybase IQ 12.x, 15.x, 16.x
Sybase Watcom SQL
Teradata® V2R4, V2R5, V2R6, 12, 13.0, 14.x, 15.10
IDERA Product Support is included with every purchase of IDERA software. IDERA´s goal is to provide their customers with the assistance and information they need to achieve success with IDERA's products. 24x7 worldwide customer support is available to IDERA customers that hold a current maintenance contract.
Supporthelp can be received at: https://www.idera.com/support/productsupport
IDERA Customer Support Portal includes:
Access information about IDERA products that you have purchased
Search our Knowledge Base
Submit/track technical support cases
Review current product versions and release dates.