Delphi 10.4 Sydney
The fastest way to build connected apps for Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Gadgets, and Wearables
Delphi is the nimble Object Pascal IDE and component library for cross-platform native application development you’ve come to expect. Write, compile, package and deploy enterprise grade, cross-platform native applications with flexible cloud services and broad IoT connectivity from the first IDE with integrated Windows 10 Desktop Bridge packaging. Compile native applications for Linux and Windows server and reach the widest audience with App Store support for Windows 10, macOS, iOS and Android - all from a single code base. Delphi 10.3.3 delivers update subscription customers a new Linux compiler and a host of community voted feature requests and RTL improvements.
With Delphi 10.4 Sydney you get:
- Create fast native apps for Windows, Mac and mobile from one codebase
- Windows and Linux server support
- Build 64-bit Windows applications and parallelize existing code
- Android 64-bit support for Delphi
- Bind any control to other objects or datasets with LiveBindings
- Get universal enterprise database connectivity with FireDAC
- Modernize Windows applications with new components and styles
- Extend Windows apps with mobile and wearable companion apps
- Access cloud based BaaS and REST services
- Easily deploy stateless, restful, scalable, and secure turnkey middleware to mobilize Enterprise apps
- Get a fast start and fast results
InfoEmbarcadero Delphi 10.4 Sydney is the complete software development solution for rapidly building highly connected applications for Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Gadgets, and Wearables
RAD Server is a turn-key application foundation for rapidly building and deploying services based applications. RAD Server provides automated Delphi and C++ REST/JSON API publishing and management, Enterprise database integration middleware, IoT Edgeware and an array of application services such as User Directory and Authentication services, Push Notifications, Indoor/Outdoor Geolocation and JSON data storage.
A single server/single site deployment license of RAD Server is included with Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio Enterprise and Architect edition ($5000 value). Complimentary licenses can be purchased seperately.
Move, integrate, and analyze data with ease utilizing our NEW FireDAC Enterprise Connectors, powered by CData. These unparalleled components allow you to integrate 80+ Enterprise applications, simplifying connectivity into a standard model using SQL.
Data today is more decentralized than ever, not to mention difficult to access with the average company running upwards of 20+ SaaS applications, and at least as many on-premise applications. Make better business decisions, eliminate headaches and increase time to productivity by organizing vast amounts of data in an actionable format fast and efficiently with these drivers.
Enterprise Connectors is bought as a seperate product to be used with Delphi, C++Builder or RAD Studio.
Links with additional information
Data Sheet (PDF)
Embarcadero - Who we are (PDF)
June Special Offer
With the launch of version 10.4 we are happy to offer you 20% on a new license of Delphi, C++Builder or RAD Studio 10.4:
Terms and conditions
• The offers can not be combined.
• ESD, Network Named, Concurrent licenses are Included. 5 & 10 Packs, Academic licenses, as well as renewals, are excluded.
• You do not need to have active Update Subscription to take advantage of the upgrade campaign.
• Offer valid through June 30, 2020.
• Embarcadero reserves the right to change, cancel or amend the offer at any time.
• Offer applies to new perpetual license purchases only. Does not apply to subscription SKUs.
• Offer void where prohibited by law.
• Additional restrictions may apply.
Key Delphi 10.4 features
Version 10.4 brings significant improvements for Windows 10 VCL (Visual Component Library) desktop development and Delphi multi-device development, and developer productivity, optimizing application performance while reducing the time developers spend building and maintaining code.
New in 10.4:
- Major Delphi Code Insight improvements
- New Delphi language features
- Unified Memory Management across all supported platforms for Delphi and C++
- New VCL Components, Per-Control Styling, High DPI Styles and more
- Enhanced Delphi multi-device platform support
- Many database enhancements
- Unified installer for online & offline installations
- IDE usability and performance enhancements
- Over 1,000 quality and performance improvements
Please watch "What’s New in 10.4" Video:
What’s New in 10.4 Product Page:
Delphi 10.4 – What´s New in detail
The Delphi 10.4 Sydney release contains the following new and improved features.
New Delphi Features
Major Delphi Code Insight Improvements
The largest and best improvement to Delphi’s code tooling in many years, RAD Studio 10.4 provides Code Insight using a Delphi implementation of the Language Server Protocol (LSP). LSP is a technique for calculating results for code completion, navigation, or similar in a separate process. This means that the IDE will never block while completing and Code Insight will provide accurate results. 10.4 provides a much enhanced developer productivity experience when working with large projects with millions of lines of code.
New Language Feature for Delphi: Custom Managed Records
A key language addition to the Delphi language, the Delphi record type now supports custom initialization, finalization, and copy operations. Developers now have the ability to customize how records get created, copied, and destroyed, by writing the code to be executed at the various steps. This adds additional power to records in Delphi, a construct used to achieve better efficiency compared to classes.
Unified Memory Management
- Delphi memory management is now unified across all supported platforms - mobile, desktop, and server - using the classic implementation of object memory management. Compared to Automatic Reference Counting (ARC), this offers better compatibility with existing code and simpler coding for components, libraries, and end-user applications. The ARC model remains for string management and interface type references for all platforms.
- For C++, this change means that the creation and deletion of Delphi-style classes in C++ follow normal memory management just like any heap-allocated C++ class, significantly reducing complexity.
New VCL Windows Features
VCL Style Changes for High DPI
- In 10.4, the VCL Styles architecture has been significantly extended to support High DPI and 4K monitors. All UI controls on the VCL form are now automatically scaled for the proper resolution of the monitor the form is displayed on.
- The style API has been fully revised to support high DPI styles. Each UI element can be selected from a library of multi-scale versions and scaled to any DPI, resulting in crisp UI elements on all monitors.
New High DPI Styles
We have updated a large number of our built-in and premium VCL styles to provide support for the new High-DPI style mode, letting you design visually stunning applications for any monitor.
VCL Per Control Styling
VCL developers can now use multiple VCL styles in different forms within a single application or even different visual controls that are on the same form. This also includes support for styling any element using the default platform theme. Besides allowing more flexibility in styling, this also enables you to use third-party unstyled controls within a styled VCL application.
New VCL Component: Edge Browser Control
- 10.4 includes a new VCL web browser component, TEdgeBrowser, that uses Microsoft's new Edge WebView2 based on Chromium. This offers a much more modern HTML engine and a secure one, compared to the old TWebBrowser based on Internet Explorer.
- Moreover, the classic TWebBrowser component has been extended, allowing browser controls in an existing application to use either the existing Internet Explorer or Edge browsers for display, depending which browser is available on the system.
New VCL Component: TTitleBarPanel and Custom Title Bars
The new TTitleBarPanel control and TForm.CustomTitleBar property allow you to customize a VCL form’s native Windows title bar. You can place VCL controls on the Windows title bar, control the default painting of elements such as the window icon and caption, add new custom system buttons near the Minimize, Maximise and Close buttons, or even custom paint the title bar entirely. This enables you to build modern enhanced title bars, similar to Office, Explorer, Google Chrome, or other applications.
New VCL Component: Image Component with Multi-Resolution Support
There is a new TVirtualImage component that supports multiple resolutions and DPI scaling, allowing you to gain high-quality image scaling and display by replacing the classic TImage component.
Windows API Updates
We enhanced many API declarations and added additional ones, to further improve the great platform integration RAD Studio offers.
Key FireMonkey Platform Enhancements
Metal Driver GPU Support for macOS and iOS:On the macOS platform (Delphi), you can now build applications against the Metal API, rather than the old Quartz API and OpenGL (deprecated by Apple). FireMonkey Metal support offers a smooth migration to future requirements and better performance for screen rendering. In 10.4, we also added support for the Metal API on iOS (Delphi and C++Builder).
In addition to supporting the latest iOS SDK, developers using RAD Studio 10.4 can also address Apple’s new launch screen storyboard requirement through built-in IDE support.
This release includes a new FMX implementation for the styled TMemo component on the Windows platform, offering better support for IME and additional enhancements.
Enterprise and Architect Edition customers can take advantage of FMXLinux integration for building Linux GUI applications.
The TWebBrowser control for iOS is now implemented using the WKWebView API
The macOS implementation of Media Player control now used AVFoundation
Developers using the FireMonkey framework can target the latest versions of the supported operating systems.
Key Run-Time Library Enhancements
Enhanced Parallel Programming Library Support: The Parallel Programming Library (PPL) gives your applications the ability to have tasks running in parallel in modern multi-core CPUs. In 10.4, we’ve made numerous performance and stability enhancements to our PPL library.
In 10.4, we have made some general enhancements to the FireDAC database access library and also updated the drivers for FireBird, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. For the SQLite embedded database, we now offer the ability to choose between static or dynamic linking.
We have expanded our HTTP and REST Client libraries with additional HTTPS features and also expanded our support for Amazon AWS services.
LiveBindings Performance and Features Enhancements
- 10.4, we’ve made many enhancements to the Visual LiveBindings architecture and implementation for both VCL and FireMonkey applications, with a particular focus on performance. As a result, some of the LiveBindings operations are an order of magnitude faster.
- Additional improvements include the ability for VCL and FMX controls bound to a TDataSet to automatically adapt to associated TField properties, like DisplayWidth, Alignment, and EditMask.
Key IDE Enhancements
GetIt Package Manager Enhancements
- The GetIt Package Manager in the IDE includes significant enhancements in 10.4. This includes displaying release dates for each package with the ability to sort them by release date; new filtering options for installed packages, exclusive content available for update subscription customers, packages for which updates are available; and more.
Unified Installer for Online & Offline installations
- In 10.4, we’re introducing a unified installer using our GetIt installer technology. This provides a single installer that supports both online (internet connected) installations and offline installations (via an ISO). Now both online and offline installations allow you to select an initial set of RAD Studio features to install, such as support for specific combinations of programming languages and target platforms, language support, or help resources, and add or remove them at any time.
The code editor has several productivity improvements, including new settings such as file codepage and font size on the editor status bar.
The IDE and key dialogs use the new TCustomTitleBar control to implement search and settings on the title bar, enabling native look and feel and Windows DWM behavior.
Key Delphi 10.3.3 features
Delphi Android 64-bit Support
Support the Google Play Store and address the new 64-bit requirement
New in 10.3.3 is Android 64-bit application support for Delphi. Build Google Play Store ready Android 64-bit applications, complete with Android App Bundle support. Reach a large customer base of Android users with Delphi 10.3.3.
- A new Delphi compiler for the Android 64-bit platform, based on the LLVM compiler infrastructure. This compiler is feature-compatible with the Android 32-bit compiler and it has support for the ARC memory model like all other Delphi mobile platform compilers (iOS 32- and 64-bit, and Android 32-bit).
- Extensive RTL support including core file system access, platform integration, memory and threads management, but also HTTP and REST client libraries, the Parallel Programming Library, and more.
- Complete support for the FireMonkey library and all FireMonkey controls previously available on the Android 32-bit platform.
- Support for the database RTL and the FireDAC client access library, with support for the same databases previously available on the Android 32-bit platform.
- Improvements in FMX support for the Android platform, for both 64-bit and 32-bit apps
- InterBase support for Delphi Android 64-bit. Target Android 64-bit with embedded InterBase (IBLite and IBToGo)
iOS 13 and macOS Catalina Support
Target the Apple App Store and latest macOS & iOS versions
New in 10.3.3 is support for targeting the iOS 13 App Store (for Delphi and C++Builder) and macOS Catalina (Delphi only). Build App Store ready iOS 13 mobile applications, complete with Dark Theme support. Target the macOS App Store with 64-bit macOS Catalina Delphi apps, complete with notarization support.
RAD Server Docker Deployment
Much easier configuration and deployment for RAD Server multi-tier
10.3.3 includes RAD Server Docker deployment and configuration support through built-in scripts . We also provide a pre-built Docker image for RAD Server on Linux, hosted on Docker Hub. This greatly simplifies the deployment of RAD Server to production in Docker.
Enterprise Connectors in Enterprise & Architect Edition
Make connecting to any application as easy as connecting to a database
Included is a 1 year subscription license to Enterprise Connectors. Enterprise Connectors, powered by CData, make connecting to any application as easy as connecting to a database. Take advantage of 70+ sources, as part of your Enterprise and Architect edition purchase (also available to customers on Subscription).
- Move, integrate, and analyze data with ease utilizing our FireDAC Enterprise Connectors. These unparalleled components allow you to integrate 70+ Enterprise applications, simplifying connectivity into a standard model using SQL.
- Included are components for QuickBooks Desktop, MailChimp, Salesforce, YouTube, SugarCRM, Jira, SurveyMonkey, Amazon DynamoDB, Couchbase, PayPal, eBay, Google Sheets, Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Dropbox and more.
Also included in 10.3.3 are over 180 quality improvements for customer reported issues.
Delphi 10.3.2 features:
• macOS 64-bit application support for Delphi
• RAD Server wizards and deployment improvements with automatic FireDAC database mapping and API documentation, new RAD Server admin console, and more
• Firebase push notification support for FireMonkey Android applications
• FMXLinux bundling with Delphi and RAD Studio for Linux Client Application Support
• Significant VCL quality improvements
Delphi 10.3.1 Features
-IDE Productivity Tooling: With Bookmarks, Navigator, and code minimap, developers can quickly move around their code, useful in large units; locate and remember important areas; and visually quickly scroll through their current code within the IDE
-Expanded support for iOS 12 and iPhone X series devices, addressing upcoming App Store requirements
-RAD Server Console UI redesign and migration to the Ext JS framework, providing an enhanced user experience when viewing RAD Server API analytics
-Improved FireDAC support for Firebird 3.0.4 and Firebird embedded
-HTTP and SOAP Client Library Enhancements on Windows
-New VCL Windows and FireMonkey Multi-Device Styles for quickly updating the look and feel of an application
-Fixes to over 150 customer-reported bugs
Delphi 10.3 Features:
New Language Features for Delphi
-The first additions to the Delphi language in several years, the new Delphi language features provide more flexibility when coding, and address top Delphi language feature requests from our power users.
Extensive IDE Modernization
-RAD Studio 10.3 includes a new light theme and an updated dark theme, and an improved look and feel of the main window and several key dialogs for a more modern style with an emphasis on readability and usability for long periods of time.
-Significantly improved code completion for C++, providing better results for developer productivity, using a new asynchronous architecture to allow users to keep typing as results are calculated
Key Windows Enhancements
-With the new VCL High DPI ImageList control in 10.3, developers building VCL Windows applications can fully support multi-resolution, pixel perfect images on all controls, as well as any custom drawing requiring scaled images for multiple resolution monitors.
-We've also expanded the number of Windows APIs that VCL and FireMonkey developers can use in their applications, including a new ready-to-use component for enabling in-app purchases and trial mode in Windows 10 Store apps
Key FireMonkey Platform Enhancements
-Android Z-Order support in RAD Studio 10.3 provides support for FireMonkey styled controls such as buttons, labels, and checkboxes with natively rendered controls like the browser and map control on the same form.
-Native presentation for TCalendar, TEdit and TSwitch on Android for better user interface interaction and performance.
Developers can now build Android applications that meet Google’s new requirement of targeting API level 26 and iOS applications that support iOS 12
Expanded RAD Server Support
-Our multi-tier solution includes new ready to use components for mapping database queries to URL resources, offering direct response JSON production with no additional coding required by the developer. This also speeds up the process of building RAD Server backends for Sencha Ext JS web applications.
There has also been some exciting changes to the Architect edition, including a number of Idera portfolio products in the highest edition of our developer tools offering. Both Enterprise and Architect edition now also include an IBToGo deployment license for mobile.
Delphi 10.4 System Requirements
Minumum Hardware Requirements
-1.6 GHz or faster processor
-2 GB of RAM
-Between 6 GB and 60 GB of available disk space.
-DirectX 11 capable video card that runs at 1024x768 or higher resolution
Operating System Requirements
-Windows 8 and 8.1
-Windows 7 SP1
You can also install Delphi on a virtual machine running one of the supported versions of Windows in a non-Windows environment (e.g., macOS). To develop FireMonkey projects, your virtualization software must provide direct access to the host GPU.
Requirements for Supported Target Platforms
64-bit Windows - PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running any of the following versions of Windows
-Windows 7 (SP1+)
-Windows Server 2012
-Windows Server 2016
A 64-bit PC or a 32-bit PC connected to a 64-bit PC.
OS X - An Intel-based Mac with more than 2 GiB of RAM running any of the following versions of OS X:
-OS X 10.12 Sierra
-OS X 10.13 High Sierra
-OS X 10.14 Mojave
-OS X 10.15 Catalina
iOS - An iOS device running any of the following versions of iOS:
All requirements for macOS support.
Xcode, version 10.12 or later.
Membership in the Apple Developer Program.
Android - An Android device that runs on an ARMv7 processor with NEON support.
A 64-bit version of Windows for development.
Android phones and tablets running any of the following versions of Android:
The JRE is installed automatically if you choose to install support for the Android target platform.
Linux (Delphi only) - 64-bit Linux running any of the following distributions:
Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
RedHat Enterprise Linux (version 7)
The Delphi installation includes some additional software. Delphi also allows you to install other additional software after the installation. For details about Delphi additional software, see Third Party Software Add-Ins.
It is possible to buy support and mainteance with all Embarcadero products. Embarcadero support and help can be found at following links:
Alfsoft provide technical first line support to all Embarcadero customers. Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your product version and your operating system (both platform and version). You find instructions for support here (https://www.alfasoft.com/en/support.html).