TDD with Delphi
This 2-day training offers a comprehensive, hands-on introduction to evolutionary design, clean code and unit testing.
TDD for Delphi explores the foundations of TDD, unit testing, automated refactoring and improving the design of legacy code with the help of various patterns, strategies, tools and techniques using Delphi.
5-6 Februay, 2020
Lillestrøm, Alfasoft facility
9.950 NOK +VAT
Test Driven Development is a process in which the developer will write a test before writing the code. This process will force the developer to take care in thinking what is the code to be tested actually going to do, as well as giving the developer a means to refactor the code assured that the code will not break.
This two-day course will introduce you to the concepts of Test Driven Development, the cycle of writing tests, writing code, refactoring and retesting. During the two days we will go through various concepts and tools that will assist you in writing fast and robust code.
• Clean Code
• Unit testing
• Mocks – Stubs
• Dependency Injection
• Code decoupling
• Model – View – ViewModel
Various tools will be used to assist. As example
• DUnit / DUnit 2 / DUnitX
• Understand the thought process and steps involved during a typical test-driven session.
• Drive the development (design and implementation) of a User Story using unit tests.
• Discover improved confidence and increase in development speed by writing automated tests first!
• Learn various automated refactoring techniques and strategies to carefully clean the identified code smells.
• Practice key techniques to break coupling between classes and micro-test each component independently.
• Incrementally transform complex and difficult classes into readable, well-structured, and well-designed code, while keeping them running at all times
The target for this course is developers who wants to learn more about TDD and also develop robust code. The attendees should have working knowledge of development with Delphi
Throughout the course there will be a mix of theoretical teaching (projector and whiteboard) and practical exercises, with as much hands-on as possible. The course material is written in English. The course is held in English.
The course is created and held by Jens Fudge. Jens has more than 20 years of experience of Delphi and arranging trainings. Due to his deep knowledge within Delphi he has been promoted to be Delphi MVP by Embarcadero. Jens is on the board of the Danish Delphi users group Dapug, and in charge of getting speakers to the bi-annually Workshop.
|Startdato||05. feb 2020, 9:00|
|Sluttdato||06. feb 2020, 16:00|
|Pris||9950 SEK / NOK + VAT|
|Sted||Lillestrøm, Alfasoft AS|