Fremtiden innen datamodellering er her
Denne e-postadressen er beskyttet mot programmer som samler e-postadresser. Du må aktivere javaskript for å kunne se den. VIDEO
ER/Studio er den raskeste, enkleste og mest samarbeidsvillige måten for data-modellerere å lage og vedlikeholde bedriftsdatabaser og datalagring. ER/Studio setter en ny standard for data administrasjon. ER/Studio tilbyr databaseadministratorer enkel deling, dokumentering og publisering av modeller og metadata til prosjektgrupper.
Fordeler med ER/Studio
- Standardisert datamodelleringsbruk og -gjenbruk
- Forbedret kommunikasjon mellom bedriftens brukere
- Bedre nøyaktighet av lineær data
- Minsket håndtering fra måneder til minutter
- Implementering av bedriftens eget dataleksikon
ER/Studio Architect tilbys i utgavene Data Architect og Business Architect. For me som behøver samarbeidsmuligheter tilbys også ER/Studio Team Edition.
ER/Studio is a business process and conceptual modeling tool that simplifies how business stakeholders and data architects document conceptual models and business processes and how those processes impact enterprise data, to align with business goals and regulatory requirements. Bringing together the simplicity of a drawing tool with the rich semantics of the BPMN 2.0 standard, business users and data professionals can easily model the relationships between people, processes, and data with Business Architect.
ER/Studio Business Architect Process models can now be built and validated with all BPMN 2.0 constructs. At times other products in the market claim to be BPMN 2.0 compliant but do not implement the full set of constructs with validation that conforms to the BPMN 2.0 standard. The fact that we offer Business Architect as a standalone product, as well as an integral part of ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition gives our customers maximum flexibility. We offer an easy-to-use solution that shares models, common objects, and glossaries across the organization, which improves productivity and organizational alignment.
Through ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition, we provide a comprehensive, collaborative platform that encompasses Data Modeling, Business Process Modeling, and Enterprise Architecture to establish a foundation for Data Governance initiatives. In particular, this builds on our strong history in which we have provided integrated data and process modeling within the ER/Studio suite for over 10 years. Other solutions in the marketplace claim to do the same, but are comprised of separate, non-integrated products. In particular, erwin has been making numerous claims regarding their leadership in enterprise architecture despite the fact that the process modeling products they acquired through corporate acquisitions (Corso and Casewise) are not integrated to the core erwin data modeler products. Thus, creating silos rather than breaking them down.
ER/Studio Data Architect includes all the features you need to create and manage logical and physical data models, including detailed compare and merge capability, naming standards, data dictionaries, and extensive platform support.
ER/Studio Business Architect also includes the shared model repository for model change management and version control with branch and merge support.
If you’re looking for the next level of collaboration with business glossaries and metadata, check out ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition.
ER/Studio 17.0 delivers significant new business process modeling capabilities (Business Architect) , as well as platform enhancements, quality and performance improvements. The 17.0 release is our highest quality and best performing release of Team Server in more than two years, combining new updates with improvements from earlier releases into a new ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition package that will address many customer requests.
What’s New in ER/Studio 17.0
ER/Studio 17.0 delivers significant, expanded process modeling capabilities in Business Architect, numerous performance improvements, as well as enhancements and quality improvements to other components within the product suite.
Business and Enterprise Architecture
The new release of ER/Studio Business Architect provides process modeling capabilities that exceed the BPMN 2.0 standard, while also providing a common frame of reference to bridge communication gaps, streamline operations, and align business processes with strategic goals. This is extremely important because:
- Organizations have multiple stakeholders groups with differing perspectives of both data and processes. If an organization doesn’t use a consistent approach comprised of data modeling and integrated process modeling (providing organizational context to data creation and consumption), they will be left vulnerable to poor analysis, bad decisions, misalignment and huge missteps. Using ER/Studio:
- An organization can reduce risk
- 2. Focus on strategic outcomes
- 3. Provide a common framework and understanding of business processes and the critical data utilized across processes.
- BPMN 2.0 enables businesses to communicate about business processes in a clear and consistent manner. Even the most complex processes can be decomposed, modeled and understood using comprehensive capabilities and constructs for choreography, conversation, and collaboration business processes. Validation against the BPMN 2.0 standard ensures that process models meet all the requirements for those organizations that need it, and can be turned off for those that do not require rigorous adherence to the standard.
Data Platform Support
- Improvements have been made to datatype resolution when reverse engineering from Hadoop Hive
- Numerous enhancements and additions to the MetaWizard platform import bridges included with ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition:
- 9 new NoSQL import bridges from several Hive and JSON based platforms
- 5 new relational import bridges
User Experience and Trials
Team Server performance improvements in several areas through minor improvements and updates to 45 database views:
- Resulting in greater than 300 times performance improvement of the update search index process in some large customer environments (reduced from 9 days to 40 minutes in 1 large customer environment)
- Over 22 times performance improvement of model check-in and publish cycle (all models) in some environments
- Improved icons (task markers) throughout Business Architect
Data Modeling & Lineage
- There are 3 new Data Lineage import bridges for ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
- Improvements to resolution of logical non-specific relationships during physical model generation
- Over 60 improvements in several areas within Data Architect
Collaboration & Governance
- Publishing of all new BPMN 2.0 diagram constructs and metadata from Business Architect to Team Server
- Over 70 improvements in Team Server, primarily in model check-in, publishing and change management functionality
There were several foundational technology improvements as well:
- Business Architect upgraded to eclipse 4.5
- Team Server upgraded frameworks to Apache Struts 2.5.10 and Tomcat application server 8.5.14
ER/Studio is offered in three versions: the stand-alone Data Architect edition, the Business Architect edition and also the Enterprise Team edition that provides additional capabilities for model and metadata sharing, business process modeling, cross-organizational collaboration, and an enterprise glossary. Many of these functions can also be obtained as companion products to the ER/Studio Data Architect offering. All of these editions are available in single platform or multi-platform versions.
DocumentationMore information can be found on the ER/Studio Product pages:
ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
ER/Studio Data Architect
ER/Studio Business Architect
Minimum hardware requirements:
•2GB RAM, 2.5GB disk space
Supported Operating Systems:
•Windows 7-10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
•Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2
•DB2 (LUW and z/OS)
•Azure SQL Database
•SQL Server in Azure VMs
ER/Studio Platform Support
•Firebird® 1.5, 2.x
•Hadoop Hive 0.12, 0.13
•IBM® DB2® 5.x - 10.x for LUW and z/OS® & iSeries V4R5 and V5R2
•IBM Informix® OnLine and SE
•Informix 9.x dynamic server
•InterBase® 4, 2007, 2009
•InterBase XE, XE3
•Microsoft® Access 2.0, 95, 97, 2000
•Microsoft SQL Server 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014
•Microsoft Visual FoxPro® 2, 3, 5
•MongoDB 2.4, 2.6
•MySQL® 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
•Netezza 4.6, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0
•Oracle® 7.3, 8.x, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
•PostgreSQL 8.x, 9.x
•Sybase® Adaptive Server® Enterprise (ASE) 11.9.2, 12.x, 12.5, 15.0
•Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA) 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
•Sybase IQ 12.x
•Sybase Watcom SQL
•Teradata® V2R4, V2R5, V2R6, 12, 13.0, 14.x
•DB2 (LUW and z/OS)
•Informatica PowerCenter 5-9
•IBM DataStage 7.5-8.x
•Microsoft SSIS 9.0-10.5
•Oracle ODI and OWB
•SAP Business Objects Data Integrator 11.7-12.x
IDERA Product Support is included with every purchase of IDERA software. IDERA´s goal is to provide their customers with the assistance and information they need to achieve success with IDERA's products. 24x7 worldwide customer support is available to IDERA customers that hold a current maintenance contract.
Supporthelp can be received at: https://www.idera.com/support/productsupport
IDERA Customer Support Portal includes:
Access information about IDERA products that you have purchased
Search our Knowledge Base
Submit/track technical support cases
Review current product versions and release dates.