The core application, GRAMS/AI, is a comprehensive software package for processing, visualizing, and reporting data from multiple spectroscopic instruments. Its advanced processing, data comparison and visualization capabilities and the ability to process data from almost all analytical instruments have established industry standards in scientific procedures.
A single data management tool for multiple instruments
GRAMS/AI can process data from almost all types of analytical instruments such as optical spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman spectroscopy, NIR, UV-Vis, fluorescence), NMR and combined techniques (LC / GC-MS, LC-PDA). The software provides several methods for accessing data. Using unique SmartConvert technology, all GRAMS applications are compatible with data files from hundreds of different instruments.
GRAMS AI can also directly acquire data from several instruments via its unique My Instrument plug-in interface. GRAMS/AI includes capabilities for interchanging data with Microsoft Excel, real time visualization of large data sets with GRAMS/3D, and can access data from other GRAMS Suite applications such as Spectral DB workgroup databases and Spectral ID spectral search libraries.
GRAMS/AI offers a simple, intuitive user interface with features that benefit both new and experienced users. The software enables users to quickly navigate through open data files, expose important file information, access parameter settings, and customize the workspace, all with a click of the mouse. With GRAMS/AI users can create customized environments for viewing, reporting, and processing their data.
Multi-page workbooks store specific data display preferences; workbook pages or even entire workbooks can be automated to perform specific functions or process data. Workbooks allow insertion of drawing objects including annotations, lines, and arrows. Use the included Design Science Equation Editor to add mathematical formulas (or step up to Design Science’s MathType). Add buttons directly to the workspace and link them to macros or other common functions to create a custom working environment. An integrated Toolbar Builder makes it easy to add buttons for one-click access to frequently used applications or display modes. All user configurations can be stored in a Workbook file which can be used repeatedly with different data sets.
Customization and Programming
With GRAMS/AI, you can create your own custom data processing applications. The integrated Macro Wizard allows linking of existing routines together with no formal programming to accommodate repetitive experimental needs. Advanced users can take advantage of the embedded Array Basic™ programming language to develop customized routines to solve virtually any analytical problem.
GRAMS/AI can interface directly to instruments for full control and data acquisition via the embedded My Instrument interface. Any spectrometer that has a My Instrument driver available can be directly connected to GRAMS AI. My Instrument is a COM+ standard for instrument interfacing, and several spectrometer vendors now offer My Instrument drivers for their instrumentation. For more details, click here.
Powerful Data Processing
An extensive library of built-in data processing routines provides users with tools to analyze virtually any type of instrument data. From simple data smoothing to advanced peak fitting to tools for specific instrument types, GRAMS/AI tracks all file changes in the data set’s Audit Trail section, providing results with confidence.
GRAMS now include all the following Application Packs as standard:
- Standard Data Processing Library: performs baseline correction (multi-point, polynomial fit), peak fitting (Gaussian, Lorentzian, Voigt and other functions), smoothing, derivatives, automatic spectral subtraction, spectral unit conversion and more.
- IR/Raman Application Pack: includes ATR pathlength correction, Interferogram compute, Kramers-Kronig transform, Raman shift correction and a CCD spectrometer calibration routine.
- UV/VIS/NIR Application Pack: performs popular colorimetric analyses such as L*A*B and L*U*V using all standard CIE illuminants.
- NMR Application Pack: provides 1D NMR data processing; includes a unique one-step routine that can perform a complete data work-up on FID signals including FFT, phase, integrate and peak identification.
- Chromatography Application Pack: allows you to build chromatographic analysis methods; includes peak picking and identification, model calibration and quantitation.
- GC-MS Application Pack: analyses data from GC-MS experiments; features include calculating and comparing single and total ion chromatograms, automatic peak identification and spectral library searching (using the Spectral ID GRAMS Suite application).
Client Operating Systems
Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft® Windows® 8.1
Microsoft® Windows® 7 32-bit
Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit
Server Operating Systems (for Spectral ID Server only)
Microsoft® Windows® 2008 Server
- Single user
- Student licenses
Alfasoft provides free technical support to all our customers.
Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your serial-/license number, product version and your operating system.
We also recommend these online support pages and resources: