LANSA Composer is a simple and cost-effective way to get business transactions in and out of your business systems with less human effort. LANSA Composer satisfies the five key requirements of any business process integration solution:
Map data among many multiple formats.
Move data between source and target via multiple protocols.
- PROCESS ORCHESTRATION
Execute sequential and conditional process flows.
- TRADING PARTNERS
Configure trading partner communication settings.
Auditing, error handling, logging, security, and system operations.
Visually Map Data Among Disparate Formats
LANSA Composer includes a powerful visual mapping tool for defining data transformations that can be directly integrated into your business processes. Simply map data points between the source(s) and target(s).
- TRANSFORM INFORMATION between external and internal targets as it is received or before it is sent.
- SUPPORT MULTIPLE FORMATS such as XML, EDI (UN/EDIFACT and ANSI X12), HL7 (legacy EDI and XML V3.x), XBRL, JSON, Excel, text, database table, and many more.
- EXTRACT INFORMATION from corporate databases to send as XML, EDI, and other document formats to trading partners
- TRANSFORM INCOMING data files and write directly to your database for processing by existing applications and much more.
- EDI SUPPORT is already preloaded with many of the common EDIFACT and X12 mappings.
- EASY-TO-USE drag-and-drop graphical user interface for point-and-click data transformation mapping.
Ready-to-Use Activities for Popular Transport Protocols
LANSA Composer supplies many ready-to-use activities that support all of the most widely used transport protocols, including:
- FTP Inbound (file transfer protocol)
- FTP Outbound (file transfer protocol)
- HTTP Inbound (hypertext transfer protocol)
- HTTP Outbound (hypertext transfer protocol)
- POP3 for inbound email (post office protocol)
- SMTP for outbound email (simple mail transfer protocol)
- Inbound and outbound via message brokering systems such as IBM MQ Series
Invoke web services, whether publicly available, published by trading partners or internal to your organization. LANSA Composer is built on LANSA Integrator, which provides the services to support virtually every transport mechanism and data format you might encounter.
Orchestrate New Processes to Streamline Old Ones
LANSA Composer supplies many ready-to-use activities that support all of the most widely used transport protocols, including:
LANSA Composer provides a simple but powerful process orchestration capability that combines transport, transformation, and custom business processing with processing directives that provide conditional, iterative, and other capabilities.
A complete business process consisting of several steps may be defined, sequenced, executed, and managed as a single process. Orchestrate transport, data transformation, and other activities. Pass variable data between them, and apply conditional and structural directives to create multistep business processes that can be executed and managed as a single unit of work.
Since this is a code-free solution, business analysts (or power users) can orchestrate their business processes without being programmers. Business analysts use a simple process design canvas to wrap business logistics as activities and combine them with industry-standard data transformation and transport services to create business processes.
Professional developers also find value in LANSA Composer because it greatly increases the speed of developing business process integrations.
Externalized Trading Partner Setup and Maintenance
The way in which you set up a trading partner is a powerful and beneficial feature of LANSA Composer. The creation, configuration, and maintenance of trading partner details are insulated from the business process sequences that utilize the trading partner’s information.
- CONFIGURE variable trading partner parameters for common transport activities and for database connections.
- DEFINE source and target identification and address, as well as security credentials.
- CHOOSE transport and database configurations and trading partner definitions to give maximum flexibility.
- CREATE as many configurations as you need to define the information to connect or communicate with other parties.
Separating the trading partner configuration from business processes enables you to make changes independently of each other, saving time and reducing risk.
Monitor Day-to-Day Processes and Activities
LANSA Composer is equipped with a browser-based management console for monitoring performance, throughput, processing sequences, history, and event logs that provides operational insight for administrators.
The built-in transaction document database and a Document Manager give users visibility into each process’s transactional step to verify success or failure.
The Document Manager provides the ability to monitor and interrogate inbound and outbound transaction documents. Administrators and operations staff use the Document Manager console to monitor and manage the transaction document flows associated with each inbound and outbound document flow.
Using the Document Manager’s search facilities, you can search the database for transaction documents by various criteria, such as a trading partner, status, transaction document, and content type.
LANSA Composer can restart a failed processing sequence from the point of failure. This capability is exploited in the Document Manager to enable you to resume processing failed transaction documents after diagnosing and correcting the cause of the failure.
Benefits of LANSA Composer
The LANSA Composer business process integration suite is designed to handle the many integrations, and process improvement challenges businesses to face today by streamlining how data is exchanged, processed, and monitored among internal systems, external trading partners, and the cloud.
Increase Efficiency and Reduce Costs
Automated processes reduce costs by minimizing the need for human intervention and managing exceptions. Companies that automate business processes see productivity improvements of anywhere from 40 to 140 percent after two years.
Versatile and Agile Business Processes
Quickly adapt LANSA Composer business processes by updating the assembled process flow or changing one of the insulated transformation, transportation, or trading partner parameters. Business processes are more agile when less human involvement is required.
Faster Business Process Development
LANSA Composer decreased development time by including ready-made activities that most companies need for business process integration. You simply assemble business processes. Assembling a process is much faster than writing program code to manage the process.
Visibility of Day-to-Day Activity
With the ability to drill down into any step of a business process, companies have full visibility into every transaction to examine the success or failure of a process. LANSA Composer includes the ability to restart a failed processing sequence from the point of failure.
Flexible Deployment Options
Data transformations can address databases across your network. Built-in activities facilitate communications across your network. Processing sequences can invoke any executable on the same server or spread across multiple Windows or on IBM i servers.
IBM Specific Functionality
LANSA Composer runs on Windows and IBM i, but IBM i deployments can leverage features available in LANSA Composer activities that can interact with interactive 5250 applications via aXes to retrieve and send data. The Green’s General Foods case study illustrates this feature.
LANSA Composer Features
No-Code Business Process Integration
Code-Free Data Transformation and Business Process Integration
A simple yet cost-effective way to get transactions in and out of your business systems with less human effort.
Powerful Visual Mapping Tool
- Drag-and-drop graphical user interface for transformation mapping.
- Transform information between external and internal formats as it is received or before it is sent.
- Extract information from corporate databases to send as XML, EDI, and other document formats to trading partners.
- Transform incoming XML, EDI, and other document formats, and write directly to your database for processing by existing applications and much more.
- Multilingual user-interface.
Simple But Powerful Process Orchestration Capability
- Define processing sequences visually using the Processing Sequence Editor—without coding.
- Processing sequences combine activities, and data transformation maps with processing directives such as loops and conditions.
- A complete multistep business process can be defined, executed, and managed as a single processing unit of work without programming.
- Restart processing sequences from any point.
- FTP and HTTP transport.
- POP3 for inbound and SMTP for outbound email.
- SMS (mobile phone text messages).
- Inbound and outbound transactions via message brokering systems such as IBM WebSphere MQ.
- SQL database operations.
- Watch folders, data queues, and message queues.
- File management.
- Transaction document management.
- Variable manipulation
- Processing and data transformation.
- Call existing 3GL, Java, and other programs or execute Ruby scripts.
- Drive 5250 applications automatically when coupled with aXes.
Administration and Operations
- The browser-based management console for monitoring performance, throughput, processing sequences, history, and event logs provides operational insight for administrators.
- Document Manager for monitoring inbound and outbound transaction documents.
Configuration and Trading Partner Definitions
- Configurations encapsulate the variable information required for common transport activities and for database connections.
- Define source and target identification and addressing as well as security credentials.
- Variable transport and database configurations and trading partner definitions give maximum flexibility.
- Create as many configurations as you need to define the information to connect or communicate with other parties.
What is low-code?
Low-code is a software design system which allows applications to be created in a fraction of the time compared to traditional line-by-line coding. A low-code development platform allows application creators to focus on user experiences and business processes instead of traditional language development and hand-coding form layouts. Low-code can be segmented into two different approaches: model and language. A low-code “model” platform is designed around a drag-and-drop design which hides the actual code from the application designer. The focus is on workflow processes in a dedicated development environment, so no coding experience is necessary. The model approach to low-code allows the creation of citizen developers, which could ease IT workloads and help eliminate IT backlogs. With citizen developers and professional software developers creating applications simultaneously, model low-code solutions offer an attractive alternative to traditional coding solutions. Language-based low-code platforms are geared toward professional developers as they are more complex than the model approach, but they offer much more control over application development. This style of low-code still greatly increases application output by using low-code techniques and theories but does not place limitations of the model approach on the application developers.
The Rise of the Citizen Developer
Gartner defines a citizen developer as “a user who creates new business applications for consumption by others using development and runtime environments sanctioned by corporate IT.” This end user is a non-IT employee capable of learning the low-code platform in-depth enough to create business applications. They are “amateurs” in the world of coding but usually experts in knowing what their department needs to be more efficient. They understand the company’s business processes and how an application could be designed to improve the current process. While this new wave of ad-hoc non-professional programmers may be a boon to application output, they pose serious risks to their organization if not utilized correctly.
Please contact Alfasoft for licensing alternatives and pricing.
Alfasoft provides free technical support to all our customers.
Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your serial-/license number, product version and your operating system.
Recommended useful links below: