EViews offers financial institutions, corporations, government agencies, and academics access to powerful statistical, time series, forecasting, and modelling tools through an innovative, easy-to-use object-oriented interface.
- An intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- Powerful analytic tools
- Sophisticated data management
- Presentation quality output
- Traditional command line and programming interface
Find out for yourself why EViews is the worldwide leader in econometric software and the choice of those who demand the very best
What is EViews?
An Introduction to EViews
EViews is a modern econometric, statistics, and forecasting package that offers powerful analytical tools within a flexible, easy-to-use interface.
Using EViews, you can quickly and efficiently manage your data, perform econometric and statistical analysis, generate forecasts or model simulations, and produce high-quality graphs and tables for publication or inclusion in other applications.
EViews is designed with your workflow in mind. The innovative EViews user interface simplifies every step of the process, from data input and import to data visualization, statistical analysis, estimation, forecasting and model solving, and publication quality presentation output.
Need to import Excel data? Just drag and drop your Excel file onto EViews, and we’ll automatically import the data. Need to produce a histogram of your data? A couple of mouse clicks, and you’re done. Want to link your custom-formatted table to PowerPoint? Simply copy and paste the table and tell PowerPoint to update the table when your EViews data change.
Why should you use EViews?
We know that you have many options when it comes to software. So why should you choose EViews?
The innovative EViews interface is easy to use, having been designed from the ground up to take advantage of modern Windows operating systems. Most users can master the interface within minutes of first being introduced to EViews. There is no complicated syntax to learn – a few mouse strokes or keyboard clicks, and you’re off and running!
EViews integrates with your other Windows products. In addition to opening and saving a large range of different file formats (from webpages to Excel to Stata or SAS), EViews supports standard Windows technologies such as copy-and-pasting, object linking and embedding, and ODBC connections.
Although EViews’ core design features a mouse-driven user interface, EViews also offers extensive programming and command language. All actions in EViews can be scripted to automate repetitive tasks or to keep a record of your work.
Learn more about EViews
- Explore our online tutorials to explore more of the features of EViews, and help you get started using the software.
- For a more detailed description of EViews, see our overview.
- To learn more about what EViews can do, see the EViews features list.
- View our examples page for examples and walkthroughs of new features added in the latest version of EViews, EViews 13.
- Contact us to request a demonstration copy or a volume license quote.
New features in EViews 13
EViews 13 features a wide range of exciting changes and improvements. The following is an overview of the most important new features in Version 13.
- Pane and Tab alternative user interface
- Program Language Debugging
- Jupyter Notebook Support
- Program dependency tracking
- Daily seasonal adjustment
- Improved Excel writing engine
- World Health Organisation connectivity
- Trading Economics connectivity
- National statistical bureaus’ connectivity
- Holiday function improvements
- Miscellaneous Improvements
- Line and Shade Transparency
- Custom Data Labels
- High-low-median Colormap Presets
- Miscellaneous Improvements
Econometrics and Statistics
- Non-linear ARDL Estimation
- Improved PMG Estimation
- Difference-in-Difference Estimation
- Improved VEC Estimation
- Bayesian Time-varying Coefficient Vector Autoregression
- Cointegration Testing Enhancements
- ARDL Diagnostics
- Pool Mean Group / Panel ARDL Diagnostics
- Enhanced Impulse Response Display
- CPU: Pentium or better
- Memory: 512 MB
- Hard disk space: 400 MB of available disk space for the EViews executable, supporting files, full documentation, and example files.
- Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)*
- Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
.Net 4.0 is required for connectivity to certain external databases and installation of the EViews-Excel add-in.
Capacity (EViews 13)
- Maximum observations per series (32-bit version)
4 million (by default), may be increased up to 15 million if desired, subject to memory restrictions.
- Maximum observations per series (64-bit version)
- Total observations (series x obs per series)
limited only by available RAM.
- Maximum objects per workfile
Limited only by available RAM.
- Maximum objects per database
Limited to 10 million objects, 64 gigabytes, or available disk space.
- Single user (Academic and Commercial pricing)
- Concurrent/Floating Network (Simus)
- Site or Department Wide licenses
- Enterprise (academic and commercial)
- Standard (commercial pricing only)
For techincal support please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your serial number with all email correspondence.
Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your serial/license number, product version, and your operating system.
We also recommend these online support pages and resources: