Mathcad provides hundreds of operators and built-in functions for solving technical problems. Use Mathcad to perform numeric calculations or to find symbolic solutions. It works with a wide variety of numeric and data types, operates on scalars, vectors and matrices, and automatically tracks and converts units.
Mathcad’s maths functionality includes:
- Partial differential equation solve blocks for parabolic (heat) and hyperbolic (wave) equations in one dimension
- Complex arguments and fractional order for Bessel functions, and new Hankel functions
- Fitting routines for general and exponential fitting
- Trace error functionality for tracking the sources of errors in complicated worksheets
- Support for complex arguments to floor, ceil, round, and trunc
- New sinc function
Mathcad’s computational capabilities include:
- Numeric operators perform summations, products, derivatives, integrals and Boolean operations.
- Numeric functions apply trigonometric, exponential, hyperbolic and other functions and transforms.
- Symbolics simplify, differentiate, integrate, and transform expressions algebraically. Mathcad’s patented live symbolics technology automatically recalculates algebraic solutions.
- Vectors and Matrices manipulate arrays and perform various linear algebra operations, such as finding eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and looking up values in arrays.
- Statistics and Data Analysis generate random numbers or histograms, fit data to built-in and general functions, interpolate data, and build probability distribution models.
- Differential Equation Solvers support ordinary differential equations, systems of differential equations, and boundary value problems both at the command line and in solve blocks that use natural notation to specify the DiffEQs and constraints.
- Variables and Units handle real, imaginary, and complex numbers with or without associated units.
- High-performance calculation engine provides speed and sophisticated memory management to help you find solutions faster.