Add customized functionality & extend connectivity.
- Build plug-ins that add new functionality
- Script or batch existing capabilities and features
- Create tools that extend the GUI
- Provide better integration with third-party tools and products
- Directly access records and data in EndNote Libraries (databases)
- Directly import or export into or out of EndNote
- Leverage the power of the EndNote formatting engine (formatter)
Request your Software Development Kit
Connect with other developers on the EndNote Forum
The Software Development Kit (SDK) is intended for technical audiences who have knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, particularly C and C++.
Users should also be familiar with the tools needed to produce compiled application code or DLLs.
The API is available for both the Macintosh and Windows operating systems and behaves identically on each, unless otherwise specified.
Individual customers and third-party partners are encouraged to use the EndNote API to develop tools that closely interact with EndNote.
Any party developing a component or tool that uses the EndNote API for commercial or wide-spread use must also sign a license agreement with Thomson Reuters to legally employ the API, SDK and any associated tools, documentation, or code.