The fastest way to build connected apps for Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Gadgets, and Wearables
Delphi is the nimble Object Pascal IDE and component library for cross-platform native application development you’ve come to expect. Write, compile, package and deploy enterprise grade, cross-platform native applications with flexible cloud services and broad IoT connectivity from the first IDE with integrated Windows 10 Desktop Bridge packaging. Compile native applications for Linux and Windows server and reach the widest audience with App Store support for Windows 10, macOS, iOS and Android - all from a single code base. Delphi 11 delivers update subscription customers a new Linux compiler and a host of community voted feature requests and RTL improvements.
Delphi 11 helps you:
- Create fast native apps for Windows, Mac and mobile from one codebase
- Windows and Linux server support
- Build 64-bit Windows applications and parallelize existing code
- Android 64-bit support for Delphi
- Bind any control to other objects or datasets with LiveBindings
- Get universal enterprise database connectivity with FireDAC
- Modernize Windows applications with new components and styles
- Extend Windows apps with mobile and wearable companion apps
- Access cloud based BaaS and REST services
- Easily deploy stateless, restful, scalable, and secure turnkey middleware to mobilize Enterprise apps
- Get a fast start and fast results
Delphi – Built to Help You Unleash The Power of Your Dreams
Design Beautiful Desktop and Mobile App UIs with Delphi
- Use Delphi’s award-winning VCL framework for Windows and the FireMonkey (FMX) visual framework for cross-platform responsive UIs
- Enjoy the new high-DPI compatible IDE on 4k+ screens
- Use VCL Styles at design time! Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running.
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines and enhanced margin and padding support
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: design and edit code for the same form at the same time in multiple windows
- Rapidly design your master responsive UI layout once, then easily customize platform-and-device-specific views without duplicating design effort
- Use the visual design menu to easily drag and drop visual and non-visual components from the palette
- Connect user interface elements to data sources using the LiveBindings Designer
Develop Faster and Smarter with Delphi
- Utilize the powerful, versatile and easy-to-learn Object Pascal language and customize the IDE to meet your coding style
- Use Code Insight™ for code completion via a modern Language Server Protocol based on your code while libraries help you code quickly and accurately
- Get hints and tips from inline documentation as you code
- Keep development agile with the VCL designer, Agile refactoring and Live Templates
- Integrate with version control systems including Git, Subversion and Mercurial
Debug Faster with RAD Studio’s Integrated Native Debugging
- Add conditional breakpoints to quickly pause program execution at a specified location or when a particular condition occurs
- Explore the entire call stack to trace the route the executing code took to reach its location
- Inspect the current value of variables while your program pauses during debugging
- Keep Code Insight code completion running while debugging
- Debug on any device! Deploy your app to any iOS, Android, macOS, or Linux device and debug as if it were running locally.
- Use breakpoints, stack exploration, tool tips and expression evaluation on local and remote machines with live debugging across all deployment platforms.
Compile and Deploy High-Performance Native Apps with Delphi
- Provision your apps for Windows 11 with integrated MSIX support! Be ready for Microsoft’s new release.
- Support for Microsoft’s WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the WebBrowser component
- Go from Ad Hoc to App Store fast. Rapidly produce application bundles that can be deployed to Windows Store, Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Compile for macOS (M-series Apple Silicon) and use the new universal package for AppStore submission. You can now compile for both existing Intel, and the new M-series macOS processors (Apple Silicon).
- Compile for Android API 30! Android API and Libraries updated - API 30, Google Play V3, Android X. Keep current with the latest requirements for Android as the platform evolves. - This includes latest billing API
- Define files to deploy by platform and build configuration. Identify within each project the files to deploy based on the target platform (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux) and build configurations for Debug or Release.
- Easily deploy files directly to Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux from the Delphi IDE
Improve the Quality of Your Code with Delphi
- Find coding errors automatically and solve them with Fast Error Insight
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils
- Use built-in refactoring to streamline, simplify and improve both the performance and readability of your application code
- Leverage well-tested and highly optimized cross-platform libraries to build better code fast
- Build unit tests for all of your code using the integrated DUnit and DUnitX frameworks
- Dive into your project without interrupting the application flow by adding live log-in with CodeSite Logging
- Use Visual Studio Code to edit Delphi source with full code completion
- LSP awareness of Include files and auto-restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
Collaborate Better with Delphi Teamwork and Remote Desktop Features
- Use enhanced Remote Desktop support (for VCL and IDE) to collaborate remotely with your team
- Track and manage changes quickly using version control systems including Subversion, Git and Mercurial repositories
- Easily navigate changes and history using the history tab in the code viewer with the built-in difference viewer
- Use RAD Studio command-line compilers ideal for quickly integrating into continuous build configurations using our support for MSBuild
Extend the Delphi IDE with Hundreds of Components
- Use GetIt Package Manager to rapidly improve the functionality of your applications by downloading and integrating new components
- Extend the IDE with tools and components from Embarcadero Technology Partners
- Employ powerful integrated tools and components like Beyond Compare, FastReport, TeeChart, InterBase, IP*Works, and CodeSight!
- Extend the IDE even further with addons and plugins from dozens of third parties and customize the IDE to work your way
New Features in RAD Studio 11
- High DPI IDE with HighDPI VCL and FireMonkey designers, a style-enabled VCL designer, and an improved FireMonkey designer with guidelines.
- A completely redesigned and customizable Welcome page, offering easy customization of the data shown for customers, improved management of features like recently opened files, viewing newly added items from the GetIt package manager, and more, now built on a framework allowing future custom content by customers and partners.
- Expanded Delphi platform support. Delphi now supports building native macOS applications for Apple Silicon M1 devices (ARM 64-bit), highlighting Delphi’s continued commitment to multi-platform support. Delphi Android support was also enhanced.
- VCL modernization improvements to better support the Windows 10 native platform and the coming Windows 11. This helps our customers improve their application UI and add new features often just by recompiling their existing application.
- A new implementation of C++Builder’s code formatter, to help improve the C++ code readability and consistency.
- And much more, including over 750 quality improvements for publicly reported issues and customer feature requests.
In depth: Key New Features RAD Studio 11 Alexandria
Key New IDE Features and Enhancements
- RAD Studio 11 adds high-DPI support to the IDE: This improves daily developer activities with full support for the latest 4k+ monitors, with cleaner, sharper fonts and icons, and high-resolution support throughout the IDE windows including in the VCL and FMX form designers and code editor. You can now design your forms directly at multiple scales and in high resolution.
- VCL Styles add design-time support: Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running.
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: you can design and edit code for the same form at the same time in multiple windows, including ‘pulling’ the form designer from one window to another. This allows you to mimic the benefits of the old floating form designer in the modern IDE layout, including across multiple screens
- Welcome Page: Completely rebuilt with the VCL (removing browser dependencies), the new page has a native look and feel and a UI that fits the IDE, plus is easy for you to customize in layout and content.
- C++ Code Formatter: Automate the layout of your C++ code using clang-format.
- Numerous Code Insight (DelphiLSP) improvements based on developer community feedback and requests.
- Remote Desktop: Improved remote desktop support (for VCL and IDE).
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines for moving and aligning controls (similar to the VCL), with enhanced margin and padding support.
Many VCL components updated to new features in the Windows API:
- Rich Edit component updated: A new implementation removes XP dependencies and brings additional features into the TRichEdit control, including: URL detection, spell checking, background color and transparency.
- TreeView CheckBoxes: Support for CheckBoxes in TreeViews added, with each node supporting 3 states (Partial, Dimmed, Exclusion) to help customise the UI
- New TLabelDBEdit component offering a data-aware version of the TLabelEdit for faster prototyping.
- Large collection of minor VCL improvements including default form size and font, exception dialog copy button, Coolbar improvements, margins on Memo and RichEdit, Optional Group box frames and many more.
Key FireMonkey Platform Enhancements
- Improved FMX High-DPI support for Windows and Desktop applications with a visibly superior desktop UI, driven by an updated scaling engine that has been moved from physical to logical coordinates.
- Support for Microsoft’s WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the WebBrowser component.
- RAD Studio 11 supports the latest Android 30 API and latest Billing APIs, and also migrates to use the AndroidX libraries.
- Android support for multiple classes.dex files, simplifying integration of external Android dependencies.
Target Platforms and Compilers
- macOS 64bit ARM compiler and toolchain that includes building universal binaries for Intel/ARM AppStore submissions.
- Delphi language support for binary decimals and digits separator.
- C++ toolchain improvements include overhauled Delphi-style RTTI for C++ types (allowing using components built with Clang in the IDE), including using typeid on Delphi-style types; improved C++-style RTTI for Delphi types; CMake quality improvements, and greatly improved exception handling on both Win32 and Win64.
Key Run-Time Library Enhancements and More
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE
- Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils. Makes common date and time tasks faster to code, and code cleaner to read. Examples include getting the first date of the Month or Year, or converting to a Unix date format, checking AM/PM, finding out if it’s in a Leap Year, etc.
- Record Helper for TCurrency in System.SysUtils makes working with Currency simpler and easier.
- C++ RTL improvements focusing on Delphi interop include using make_shared<> and make_unique<> with Delphi classes; string_view support for Delphi strings; easy Delphi/C++ string conversion including being able to directly assign a Delphi string to a C++ string and vice versa; and Delphi core data type (such as TDateTime, Variant, etc) conversion to and from C++ strings using to_string() and from_string().
Enhanced Delphi Code Insight with LSP
- LSP awareness of Include (.inc) files used in a .pas file
- Auto restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
- Class helper support
- Array suggestions when assigning arrays
- Use of Visual Studio Code to edit Delphi source with full code completion, thanks to LSP support as part of your license
- FireDAC in the new release offers specific improvements for the PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Firebird databases
- The HTTP and REST client libraries have been extended with timeout mechanisms, support for HTTP/2, TLS 1.3, Base64 URL Encoding
- A new component TRESTRequestDataSetAdapter simplifies uploading datasets to RAD Server
- A new low-traffic RAD Server Lite allows unlimited deployment of your multi-tier solutions, alongside with the fully scalable RAD Server engine
- For DataSnap, the REST URL mapping logic is now fully configurable
This release includes specific fixes for over 650 issues reported by customers on Quality Portal (QP) plus over 110 new features requested by customers on the same portal (Notice that QP synchronization is not immediate)
Product trials for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder 11 are now available and the updated product builds are live in the online store. Customers on Update Subscription can download and install RAD Studio 11 today using their existing license and will receive an email announcing the new release availability. Downloads are available for download in the new customers portal at my.embarcadero.com.
Delphi 11 is offered in the editions Professional, Enterprise or Architect.
Delphi 11 Sydney
System requirements for Delphi XE7
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB+ recommended) • 3-30 GB free hard disk space depending on edition and configuration • DVD-ROM drive (if installing from a Media Kit DVD) • Basic GPU – Any vendor DirectX 9.0 class or better (Pixel Shader Level 2) • Intel® Pentium® or compatible, 1.6 GHz minimum (2GHz+ recommended) • 1024x768 or higher-resolution monitor • Mouse or other pointing device • Microsoft® Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Microsoft® Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Delphi can also be run on Mac OS X by using a virtual machine (VM) such as VMware Fusion or Parallels hosting Windows 7 or 8 For developing 64-bit Windows applications PC running a 64-bit version of Windows or a 32-bit development PC connected with a PC running a 64-bit version of Windows
For developing Mac OS X applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
For developing iOS applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 or 10.8 with Xcode 5.0 or 5.1.1. An Apple Developer account is required to deploy iOS apps to physical devices.
Supported deployment platforms PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012. Macs running OS X 10.8 or 10.9. iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 7 Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 & 2012. . Android phones and tablets: ARMv7 devices with NEON support, running Android Gingerbread (2.3.3-2.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3, 4.0.4), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x) or KitKat (4.4.x).- See more at: http://www.alfasoft.com/se/produkter/utvecklingsverktyg/embarcadero/delphi.html#systemkrav
Minumum Hardware Requirements
-1.8 GHz or faster processor
-3 GB of RAM. 8GB of RAM recommended.
-Between 6 GB and 60 GB of available disk space. Using a SSD is strongly recommended
-DirectX 11 capable video card that runs at 1440x900 vertical resulutin screen is recommended
-Windows 10 Anniversary Edition is recommended and required for development for the Windows 10 store.
Operating System Requirements
You can also install RAD Studio on a virtual machine running one of the supported versions of Windows in a non-Windows environment (e.g., macOS). To develop FireMonkey projects, your virtualization software must provide direct access to the host GPU.
Requirements for Supported Target Platforms
64-bit Windows - PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running any of the following versions of Windows
-Windows 7 (SP1+)
-Windows Server 2012
-Windows Server 2016
A 64-bit PC.
OS X - An Intel-based Mac with more than 2 GiB of RAM running any of the following versions of macOS:
-OS X 10.13 High Sierra
-OS X 10.14 Mojave
-OS X 10.15 Catalina
iOS - An iOS device running any of the following versions of iOS:
All requirements for macOS support.
Xcode, version 10.12 or later.
Membership in the Apple Developer Program.
Android - An Android device that runs on an ARMv7 processor with NEON support.
A 64-bit version of Windows for development.
Android phones and tablets running any of the following versions of Android:
Linux (Delphi only) - 64-bit Linux running any of the following distributions:
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
-RedHat Enterprise Linux (version 7)
The JRE is installed automatically if you choose to install support for the Android target platform.
The Delphi installation includes some additional software. Delphi also allows you to install other additional software after the installation. For details about Delphi additional software, see Third Party Software Add-Ins.
It is possible to buy support and mainteance with all Embarcadero products. Embarcadero support and help can be found at following links:
Alfsoft provide technical first line support to all Embarcadero customers. Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your product version and your operating system (both platform and version). You find instructions for support here (https://www.alfasoft.com/en/support.html).