Who wouldn’t like to code at the speed of thought while the IDE does all the mundane development tasks for them? But is that really possible for a tricky language like C++, with its modern standards and heavily templated libraries?
CLion is the top choice for developers looking for a versatile and efficient development editor. With powerful debugging tools, code completion features, and a customizable interface, CLion is perfect for developers of all skill levels.
A power tool for a powerful language
Intelligent coding assistance
Trust CLion to take care of the routine while you focus on the important things. Knowing your code through and through, it can boost your productivity with smart and relevant code completion, instant navigation and reliable refactorings.
Built-in tools and integrations
CLion is more than just an editor; it offers a powerful debugger and dynamic analysis tools to easily investigate and solve problems, built-in Google Test, Boost Test, Doctest and Catch for unit testing. Many popular VCSs are supported out of the box and more.
Many languages – One IDE
What’s New in CLion?
CLion 2023.1 highlights:
- Debugger update:
- The ability to explore the underlying assembly code even when the source code is available (aka disassemble on demand).
- A reworked Attach to Process… dialog to make finding processes and attaching to them even easier and faster.
- Actions to suspend or resume individual threads, to help debug multi-threaded applications.
- Integration with vcpkg – CLion now assists with installing and updating vcpkg and its packages and browsing installed and available packages in the dedicated tool window. CLion helps with the missing dependencies by suggesting quick-fixes when you:
- Add #include for the header file from a package that is not yet installed.
- Use a package in a CMake script that is not yet installed.
- Clangd-based indexer (Experimental) – To speed up the Find Usages action and make it produce more accurate results in C++ code, a brand-new Clangd indexer has been introduced in CLion.
- New UI – The new UI has less visual clutter and shows the starting points for powerful features more concisely. In this release, the user experience of the new UI has been fine-tuned by redesigning the Run widget, adding an option to show hidden tabs and an option to split tool windows vertically, bringing a new Compact Mode for smaller screens and other changes.
System requirements for CLion
JetBrains uses a subscription-based licensing model, allowing you to purchase yearly subscriptions that include all bug-fix updates. The new licensing model also includes perpetual fallback license grants. When purchasing an annual subscription, you will immediately get a perpetual fallback license for the exact version available at the time of your purchase.
Commercial Annual Subscription for legal entities, including companies and organizations (both for-profit and non-profit), requiring the software for general commercial use. A legal entity may use the software under the Business Subscription on any computer, operating system, and by any developer within a legal entity, provided that the total number of concurrent users never exceeds the number of subscriptions purchased by that legal entity.
Commercial Annual Subscription includes
Comparison of Commercial and Personal License
Commercial Licence (Business and Organizations)
Personal Licence (Individual)
In the subscription, the following Support and Maintenance with JetBrains is included.