Why IntelliJ IDEA?
The Most Advanced Editor
Write high-quality code faster with coding assistance features that search for possible errors and provide improvement suggestions as you type while seamlessly educating you on community best practices in coding, new language features, and more.
Deep Code Understanding
IntelliJ IDEA knows everything about your code and uses this knowledge to offer blazing fast navigation and an intelligent experience by providing relevant suggestions in every context.
Collaborative and Remote
Work on a project with your team in real time. Create shared sessions to review code, debug, and more. Move your projects to the remote machine to harness the full power of IntelliJ IDEA on any laptop and boost your productivity.
Enjoy an unbeatable toolset right from the first launch. Mission-critical tools and a wide variety of supported languages and frameworks are at your fingertips – no plugin hassle included.
What’s New in IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1
- New UI enhancements – Compact Mode has been introduced which provides a more consolidated look and feel of the IDE thanks to scaled-down spacing and elements. The new UI now offers an option to vertically split the tool window area and conveniently arrange the windows, just like in the old UI. The Run widget in the main window header has been redesigned so that its appearance is unobtrusive and easier on the eyes.
- Earlier availability of IDE features on project opening – Improved the IDE startup experience by performing the ‘Scanning files to index’ process in smart mode. Doing so makes the IDE’s full functionality available much earlier in the startup process. When opening a project, this release uses existing caches from your previous session with the project and simultaneously looks for files to index. If no changes are found in the scan, the IDE will be ready, eliminating the delays that were previously caused by indexing on startup.
- Faster import of Maven projects – Improved the IDE’s performance in importing Maven projects by optimizing dependency resolution as well as reworking the processes behind importing and configuring facets.
- Background commit checks – Reworked the behavior of commit checks for Git and Mercurial to speed up the overall commit process. Checks are now performed in the background after you commit but before you push.
- Navigation to Spring Security matchers and request mappings – To simplify seeing applied security rules, IntelliJ IDEA now provides easy navigation to security matchers from Spring controllers. The navigation works both from security matchers to controllers and vice versa.
System requirements for IntelliJ IDEA
JetBrains uses a subscription-based licensing model, allowing you to purchase yearly subscriptions that include all bug-fix updates. The new licensing model also includes perpetual fallback license grants. When purchasing an annual subscription, you will immediately get a perpetual fallback license for the exact version available at the time of your purchase.
Commercial Annual Subscription for legal entities, including companies and organizations (both for-profit and non-profit), requiring the software for general commercial use. A legal entity may use the software under the Business Subscription on any computer, operating system, and by any developer within a legal entity, provided that the total number of concurrent users never exceeds the number of subscriptions purchased by that legal entity.
Commercial Annual Subscription includes
Comparison of Commercial and Personal License
Commercial Licence (Business and Organizations)
Personal Licence (Individual)
IntelliJ IDEA Support
In the subscription, the following Support and Maintenance with JetBrains is included.