Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic (ifort) is now deprecated and will be discontinued in late 2024.
Intel recommends that customers transition now to using the LLVM-based Intel® Fortran Compiler (ifx) for continued Windows* and Linux* support, new language support, new language features, and optimizations. For more information on ifx, see the Intel® Fortran Compiler Developer Guide and Reference and the Porting Guide for ifort Users to ifx.
What advantages will you get moving over to the new LLVM based Intel Fortran Compiler (ifx):
– Faster compilation times, up to 18%, making you more productive
– Optimizations for the latest and future Intel processors
– Ability to accelerate your code with Intel GPUs
– New LLVM community tools like the Santizers ( memory, address, thread) giving you the ability to find and fix memory issues and threading issues
– Fortran 2023 and OpenMP* 5.2 and 6.0 being actively added now, latest Standards support going forward
– Continued support for Intel® Fortran well into the future
Learn more about the deprecation of Intel Fortran Classic Compiler.
For questions, please contact Alfasoft.